Monday, January 5, 2009

Lucky

No picture this time, sorry.
I figured it was time for an update even without the pics.

I have been doing my best to crank out the paintings despite the "real world" responsibilities that come with family, the house and the holidays. We had a lovely time in December, parties and all. We even went out in the blizzard to celebrate the new year.

While waiting to go out on New Years I was IMing with a friend of mine who lives on the other side of the Atlantic. We were discussing new year's resolutions. I told her that I was going to keep it simple. My resolution was to put up an art show this year.

While on the computer, I checked out a link from one of my Pacific friends about "luck". It was about a study that showed that lucky people are really just more observant of opportunities when they come about. For example, a lucky person would find money on the ground whereas an unlucky person would never expect there to be money on the ground and would pass it by.

A couple of days later one of these opportunities (thanks, MDB) came along. I had two days to gather up all my work, write an artist's statement and hang the show.

So it's January 5, 2009 and I have completed my resolution. My husband thinks I should make a new resolution to finish painting the trim in our house. I don't know about that but I do know that I am keeping my eyes wide open in 2009. Maybe I'll find some money on the ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

luck is as lucky does : )

atlanticmo said...

That's what Mama always said.